We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Farrar Funeral Home can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (865) 475-3892. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.
WE HONOR OUR VETERANS pROGRAM
There isn't a more beautiful sight than the American flag flying high. And while you may already know how to display the American flag correctly, it's important to know how to properly discard of a tattered or soiled American flag.
When a flag is worn out or no longer a fitting symbol to display, the United States Flag Code says it should be retired in a dignified way, preferably burned and buried.
Farrar Funeral Home started a new program in 2019 called We Honor Our Veterans. The mission of our program is to respectfully dispose of old and worn flags while serving veterans who choose cremation.
Many of the families that we serve choose cremation as a form of disposition. We want to use the flags collected as an extra honor when serving a veteran whose choice of disposition is cremation. The flags will be draped on our heroes and be with them through the cremation process. This program gives an additional option for the disposal of our worn American flags, as well as an extra honor to the veteran families that we serve.